- Its the second most populous and important city; economically, its dynamism is higher than the state capital, its central location and excellent connections have made in recent years in the main communications point of the state and one of the centers logistics and transportation too in the Southwest Guanajuato.
- Also, with Salamanca city and other cities like Celaya, Salamanca, Silao, Leon are an urban industrial corridor in the Bajio Zone.
- It´s the administrative capital of the region VI southwest of Guanajuato, and also the headquarters of Military Region XII and the Diocese of Irapuato.
- Its internationally known for the wide variety of horticultural industries especially the production of vegetables and fruits, such as broccoli, asparagus and strawberry. They are quality products, export and widely distributed in the world.
- In Irapuato city live and raise important success stories, stories that take placethanks to the convenient proximity between the wonders of Guanajuato.
Thanks to its strategic location, Irapuato city has a first level road access, which connects with principal cities such as Queretaro, Guadalajara, Aguascalientes, Morelia and Mexico City; besides Guanajuato International Airport is only 25 minutes Away.